They did a great job! Here are my new classroom "laws."
Created by the 8th Grade Class of 2020
1. Each unit of study will end with EITHER a test or project. Option for student choice may be available.
2. Tests are always worth 100 points in the gradebook. Tests not finished during the allotted class time will be allowed one target time in a two-day period to finish.
3. Projects are worth anywhere from 75-185 depending on the work required.
4. Every successfully completed homework assignment will be credited anywhere 20-45 points depending on the required work. Daily work completed in class will be worth anywhere from 5-15 points.
5. Detention policy: Academic Detention (AD) is used as a time and place for a student to complete a missing assignment. AD’s will only be assigned if work is not completed, and will be canceled if work is turned in before scheduled AD.
6. All late work will be docked 10% for each day it is late. Late work will no longer be accepted under the following circumstances.
a. The Unit Test/Project has been completed.
b. One week after test or project depending on student need.
7. No name papers will receive a 0 and remain that way unless the student finds the paper and turns it back in, receiving 80% credit.
8. All written assignments will be competed one of two ways. Students may choose their option.
a. Typed on iPad and emailed to Mrs. Weber
b. Written neatly on paper and turned into the basket.
9. Students who are absent are expected to check their email for make-up work. If no email comes, or student does not have access to email, he or she is expected to come see Mrs. Weber in person. Absent work is given one week to be completed, unless otherwise stated by Mrs. Weber.