Friday, January 18, 2013

What Will Become of Them?

You know who I'm talking about.

Those students who misplace everything.

Their locker looks a little like this...


Their binders look a little like this...


The moment class starts they ask if they can go get the assignment, pencil, book, paper, eraser, bottle of water, phone, agenda, or any other imaginable object they should have in class.

Sometimes, when I'm frustrated with what seems like the 500th time "Johnny" needs another copy of an assignment, I need to remember something.

My desk looks like this...


Today I spent two blocks standing in one place during a lecture because I somehow misplaced my clicker.  (My students know how much I HATE to do that!)  It was later found by a student in the office.  I have no idea how it got there!


Last week I had to ask my principal for another copy of my self-evaluation because I'm pretty sure I threw it away on accident (or it's buried somewhere on my desk).

What will become of them???

They will be fine.  They will graduate.  They will get jobs.  They will adjust to the world around them.  

And they may just become teachers...